As we near the end of 2019 and look ahead to 2020, it is a good time to reflect on the year to acknowledge the successful and wonderful moments you experienced and identify the areas where you would like to adjust or change going forward.
Sometimes this type of reflection can be very hard, especially if you had a lot of very troubling, difficult, or challenging moments. However, believe it or not, often those are the times that helps us grow the most. Keeping that in mind, don’t be afraid to think about them.
Here are 5 ways you can take a look at the year and actually enjoy what you see.
1. Create a list showing what you achieved this year. List everything no matter how small or insignificant it may seem. Creating this list will actually boost you mentally and alleviate stress.
2. Include moments of learning in your list, even if the learning was the result of something that didn’t go well. It is important not to think of those times as failures. We can always learn something.
3. Read over the list again and again so you can rejoice in all you accomplished this year. This process will also boost you mentally and alleviate stress.
4. After reviewing the list, look for similarities and common themes. Think about what they indicate regarding you, your abilities, your strengths, your talents and mark them down. Remember, everyone has unique abilities, strengths, and talents so don’t try to compare yours to anyone else.
5. Think about how you can magnify those strengths next year. It could be to do more of those activities or to eliminate the ones that didn’t bring out a strength. As you identify what you can do, make a list for yourself so you don’t forget some of the ways in which you can show off those strengths.
Taking the time to reflect now will help you shape tomorrow. Why leave it to chance? Be encouraged! Rejoice! You really did achieve so much this year! You really are Amazing!
If you would like help with any part of this process please let me know. I am skilled at helping women just like you step into the tomorrow they truly desire.